error in LoadLibrary

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

mtf
Participant

error in LoadLibrary

Post by mtf »

Hi Friends...
I m trying to import one table from my DB2 Database to Ascential..but it is giving me the following Error:

ds_loadlibrary: Win32 error in LoadLibrary of dsdb2.dll - The specified module could not be found

Help me on this issue, please!!!
thanks
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

First question - have you configured DataStage for DB2? We don't "do" DB2 here but from what I've seen here it can be a little tricky to configure properly. There's an official document floating around that helps explain the process, above and beyond the official documentation.

And if it's anything like the other DB stages, you'll need to have the DB2 Client software installed on the DataStage server as well.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
dec1177
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by dec1177 »

I'm having this issue as well. I'm the developer so I didn't install and configure DataStage, but I'm the only one that's interested in using the DB2 stage as opposed to ODBC so I'm researching this. Any push in the right direction towards this documentation you mentioned would be much appreciated!

--DC
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Andy Sorrell posted about the document, didn't realize that was over 1.5 years ago at this point. Next to last post in this thread is where he mentions it. No guarantees he's still in a sharing mood. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
dec1177
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by dec1177 »

chulett,

Thanks a ton! I've emailed Andy and am now in the "finger-crossing" mode, in much anticipation of his response. I will update this thread when/if I hear back from him...either way.

--DC