Issues trying to Import Table Definitions Using ODBC

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

jpr196
Participant

Issues trying to Import Table Definitions Using ODBC

Post by jpr196 »

Hi All,

We're having problems importing table definitions using odbc. I can see the Database in the DSN dropdown but when I attempt to filter, I get the message 'No Match Found'. I am sure we are filtering correctly but what I'm not sure about is the SELECT privileges.

With the same username/password, I am able to select tables in DB2 control center and our SQL Editor. The DBA I'm working with says we're in the right groups to access the table definitions. I should also mention that they refreshed our source database with definitions from another database recently although I'm unsure when this problem exactly started.

Does anyone know what else might cause this problem?

Thanks for your help in advance!
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

What happens if you don't use a filter and just get a list of all tables?
jpr196
Participant

Post by jpr196 »

I was able to resolve this issue by running bind19 on unix server. I guess when they recreated the database instance that the odbc package needed to be rebound.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Had you mentioned in the original post that "they" had re-created the database instance you may have had that response sooner. Curious that you use bind19 rather than bind20 - what version of DB2 are you running?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
jpr196
Participant

Post by jpr196 »

I did mention in my original post that they re-created the database instance...although maybe my terminology wasn't correct, sorry about that. We're on DB2 UDB 8.1. I used bind19 because I was following the Install and Upgrade guide while troubleshooting. In fact, I don't see a bind20 anywhere in the DataStage Directory at a glance. What is the difference between the two? The only problem we were seeing was with being unable to load table definitions, which appears to be resolved now.
wasimraja
Participant

Post by wasimraja »

I had this similar problem with Oracle. Though tables are present in the database, it will still say "No Match Found" error. The reason is that you need to give the table names in Capslock. If the names are given in small letters, then it will say "No Match Found". I dont know exactly how DB2 works or why you have this error.
Cheers
Wasim

--If necessity is the mother of invention, then the need to simplify is the father of it.