Purpose of the 'Array Size' and 'Transaction size' in OCI

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ratuldey
Participant

Purpose of the 'Array Size' and 'Transaction size' in OCI

Post by ratuldey »

Hi,

Please explain what does the "Array size' and "Transaction size" fields used for in case of Orcale OCI stage used as the Target stage. What does the values assigned to them signify and change the job run properties?

I would also like to know whether the "Transaction size" and "Rows per transaction" have anything in common for the Oracle target stage in a DS job?

Thanks.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Have you searched the forum? Both your questions have been answered previously.
When an OCI stage has an input link Array size is the number of rows sent to Oracle at a time.
Transaction size and rows/transaction are the number of rows sent before a COMMIT is sent. One of them (I can't remember which) has been deprecated in favour of the other. Your search will confirm which it is.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I'm sensing a pattern emerging here... :?

Please take the time to try to help yourself first. Open the OCI stage, switch to the tab you are curious about and then click the 'Help' button. For example, from the Input tab you'll get a help page with explanations for all of the questions you've posted here. And then from there, you should be able to link around to any of the other parts of the stage you are curious about, including the Transaction Handling tab.

We're more than happy to help with specific problems or questions on usage, but are not really here to be a substitute for training.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers