What is array size and transaction size

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

deepesh
Participant

What is array size and transaction size

Post by deepesh »

What is transaction isolation?
what do u mean by serializable, read commited, read numcommitted?
Divam Singh
Participant

Post by Divam Singh »

read uncommitted:- you can read an uncommitted transaction that might get rolled back later.

serializable:- prevents other users from updating or inserting rows into the data set until the transaction is complete.

read commited:- It does not ensure that the data will not be changed at the end of the transaction. Since it will not read uncommited data.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Transaction isolation level is a concept originally introduced as part of the ODBC standard, by Microsoft. The ultimate reference, therefore, is the ODBC 3.0 API Programmer's Reference and SDK, from Microsoft Press.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
pravin_dsx
Participant

Post by pravin_dsx »

I have situation where I have to insert rows into a table and after the insert is complete update some rows in the table. Is isolation involved here?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

No, not really. If you do end up having an issue with your job, even if it seems to be related to this topic, please start a new post. Make sure we also get all the gory details of your requirements and job design as well. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers