DataStage server connection

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

pkpandey11
Participant

DataStage server connection

Post by pkpandey11 »

Hi,

We are unable to login on Designer/Manager/Administrator/Director

It gives the error as

Failed to connect to host: <host ip>, project: <Project name>
(Internal Error (80012))

We have checked the dsrpc demon is running on unix box. We have re started the datastage server 2-3 times and checked that dsrpc is up and running.

Please advise.
ogmios
Participant

Re: DataStage server connection

Post by ogmios »

From your local system trying pinging the datastage server, or login via telnet to it.

This is probably something small which is wrong.

Ogmios
pkpandey11
Participant

Post by pkpandey11 »

Local server is running and we checked that via telnet.
ogmios wrote:From your local system trying pinging the datastage server, or login via telnet to it.

This is probably something small which is wrong.

Ogmios
ogmios
Participant

Post by ogmios »

If you can login to the UNIX machine with the userid/password you use for the manager/director, my next hunch would be the access rights to the project directories are wrong.

Did this installation ever worked before, or this is the first time you're running DataStage on the UNXI server.

Ogmios
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Error code 80012 decodes (from SYS.MESSAGE) to "unable to set remote uid or gid".

Code: Select all

SELECT * FROM SYS.MESSAGE WHERE @ID = 080012 ;
Check, therefore, that your user ID and password are correct.
If they are, check that that user is in a group that is allocated to an appropriate DataStage role.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
s
Participant

Post by s »

Check if the password is not more than 8 characters long.

goodluck

s
jasper
Participant

Post by jasper »

we have this same error aftre a restart of the server. so user should be ok(connection was fine before restart).
I however think that the restart was done incorrect, mix up between root-user and datastage-admin-user stopping and starting the processes.
Could this cause this problem, and if so, how can we solve it? I suppose root has now created some files that can not be accessed by the dts-admin and that this is causing the problem.
newtier
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by newtier »

jasper wrote:we have this same error aftre a restart of the server. so user should be ok(connection was fine before restart).
I however think that the restart was done incorrect, mix up between root-user and datastage-admin-user stopping and starting the processes.
Could this cause this problem, and if so, how can we solve it? I suppose root has now created some files that can not be accessed by the dts-admin and that this is causing the problem.
We experienced a similar problem yesterday following a restart of the server. Stopped the engine again (as root) and started as dsadm. Same problem. One odd thing we observed was that, when starting as dsadm, we were getting prompted for logon credentials.

The solution was that $dshome/bin/uv is "owned by root" (which is correct). However, for some reason the sticky bit on the owner permissions had been removed. Once it was restored, the engine started by dsadm (without being prompted for credentials) and all was fine.
Rick H
Senior Consultant
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Code 80012 might also be seen if TCP port number 31538 is blocked by a firewall.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.