Job does not run under

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

hurby53
Participant

Job does not run under

Post by hurby53 »

We imported a job to a server where previously a job with the same name was in place. This job will hang halfway while running it. If we make a copy of the job (copy_of_<jobname>) this copied job will run fine (after compilation of course). If we remove <jobname> and rename copy_of_<jobname> (which ran previously fine) to <jobname> the job will hang while trying to run. Any clue?
gateleys
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Job does not run under

Post by gateleys »

This clearly shows that the executables associated with the job has been corrupt. You may want to delete the job cleanly (so that all of its RT files are also deleted), and reimport the job.
Last edited by gateleys on Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
gateleys
ds_developer
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ds_developer »

I have seen something like this happen if the &PH& directory is not periodically cleaned out. Search the forum for the right way to do it.

John
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Ummm, the &PH& contents do not affect job runs unless you have a serious underlying disk issue on the system, since a new file is generated each run.

It sounds like the ancillary information for the job is corrupt and gateleys suggestion will work. If not, there might be more problems in the project.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Use DS.CHECKER command to verify/clean up partially deleted jobs.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
hurby53
Participant

Post by hurby53 »

Thanks for the replies, I think the DS.Checker wil solve my problem, however, when trying to delete RT_ files I get an OS warning that I cannot access the file because it is in use by another process. I tried to delete the files from windows and command prompt (after stopping the datastage services), but I still cannot delete the specific files. Any further direction?
hurby53
Participant

Post by hurby53 »

It seemed that UVSH.exe (I did not know that this was a datastage process) held the files in hostage. After killing uvsh.exe I was able to delete the files and the job now runs fine under the right name. Thanks again for the directions.