row count in hash file

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kum_d
Participant

row count in hash file

Post by kum_d »

Hi ,

Can we ger row count in hash file.can i know how can we do that?
sachin1
Participant

Re: row count in hash file

Post by sachin1 »

do you want a row count value in hash file or row count of hash file, depending on situation and requirement you need to apply furhter logic, but DSLinkRowCount can help you to know rowcount.
hemachandra.m
Participant

Re: row count in hash file

Post by hemachandra.m »

DSLinkRowCount sometimes gives wrong values. I am not sure why this happens. So just check before using it.
Hemachandra
Raghavendra
Participant

Post by Raghavendra »

hemachandra can you please give some instances when you got wrong values? I used it quite frequently. It will help me further
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

There are no rows in a hash file.

In a hashed file, however, there may be.

Set up a VOC pointer to the hashed file (search forum for SETFILE command) and use a query such as SELECT COUNT(*) FROM hashedfilename; to obtain the actual row count.

The link row count reports how many rows were sent but, if the key is an already-existing key on the hashed file a destructive overwrite occurs, which can mean fewer rows in the hashed file than were sent to it.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
hemachandra.m
Participant

Post by hemachandra.m »

When extractying data from Sybase database to a flat file, the count was wrong.
Hemachandra
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

... and what has that to do with the topic of this thread?!! Please do not hijack other people's threads - start a new one when the topic is different.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.