call oracle procedure which dont accept/return values?

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

shivadas
Participant

call oracle procedure which dont accept/return values?

Post by shivadas »

Hi,

can any one help me?

I am wanted to call a oracle store procedure which dont accept any arguments or return any values.

How do i execute this procedure?
ODBC stage expect out parmeters from the store procedure, but this procedure doesnot return any thing.

Needed urgently please

Shiva
sachin1
Participant

Re: call oracle procedure which dont accept/return values?

Post by sachin1 »

hello you can use Stored_Procedure stage with no input or output. in output by default you will have ProcCode, ProcMess columns.

in syntax tab you mention your procedure name and take procedure_type tab value as Transform.
shivadas
Participant

Re: call oracle procedure which dont accept/return values?

Post by shivadas »

sachin1 wrote:hello you can use Stored_Procedure stage with no input or output. in output by default you will have ProcCode, ProcMess columns.

in syntax tab you mention your procedure name and take procedure_type tab value as Transform.
i am using 7.1 Datastage stored_procedure stage is in 7.5

thanks
shiva
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

Either a Sequence w/Command stage or Batch job using DSExecute API call to sqlplus command line ALWAYS works.
Kenneth Bland

Belt: First degree black
Fight name: Captain Hook
Signature knockout: right upper cut followed by left hook
Signature submission: Crucifix combined with leg triangle
shivadas
Participant

Post by shivadas »

with Command stage where do i give Login details
Batch job using DSExecute API call to sqlplus command line ALWAYS works. Can you please help me with syntax

Shiva
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Are you not familiar with using sqlplus from the command line? Part of what you pass in is the 'connection' information, user/password@instance specifically. If all this is new to you, have a chat with your DBA or someone in your group who does know this stuff so they can work directly with you on this. Note that you may need a script that calls sqlplus not necessarily a direct, command line invocation. Depends on exactly what needs doing.

Get it working outside of DataStage, then you should be able to just 'plug it in' to your job.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers