CLOB handling !!!

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

mrvsr
Premium Member
Premium Member

CLOB handling !!!

Post by mrvsr »

Hi,

Please let me know how to transform CLOB data type fields from source to target.

I have 2 CLOB fields in target, I assigned the data type to in DS as LONGVARCHAR 4000 to both of them but I am only able to view the data if I include first column. when I try to include only second column or both columns and try to view the data I am getting below message.

""Error calling subroutine: DSD.Browse(Action=3); check Datastage is set up correctly in project XXXXX.""

Some times I am getting below error message for the same problem.

"Oracle_OCI_4: Oracle Error - OCI_NEED_DATA"

Please let me know what is the reason for this and how to resolve this problem.
Last edited by mrvsr on Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Thanks
MRVSR
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

What version of the Oracle database? Oracle client?

Search the forums for CLOB, you'll find quite a number of discussions on the subject as they can cause all kinds of problems. Here's one example a search turned up for me:

viewtopic.php?t=97640

Look at the others as well. I personally have never had a need to try to deal with two CLOB fields in a single record, only one at a time. You've said the two fields are target fields - what are your sources for those two fields?

Ensure you have the Array Size set to 1 and see if that helps. If you have Oracle 10g, try using the DBMS_LOB package which I've found can make certain operations easier.

ps. OCI_NEED_DATA is not something you as a user should ever see. If that error persists, I'd open a ticket with your official support provider and see what they have to say about it.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Procedural Note
We don't do "urgent" here. If you want urgent support, sign up with your support provider for premium support, and learn the true cost of urgent. This is an all-volunteer site; people post as and when they can, and are not paid for doing so.

Personal Note
Anyone marking a post as urgent causes my response to that post to be delayed.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
mrvsr
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by mrvsr »

Thanks Craig,

I am using oracle 9i. As I mentioned I have both source and target defined as CLOB. Using a CAST function and changing the target data type to Varchar2(4000) did the trick.
Thanks
MRVSR