Changing autopurge settings

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

RodBarnes
Charter Member
Charter Member

Changing autopurge settings

Post by RodBarnes »

Is there a way to change the autopurge settings for all existing jobs in a project?

I know you configure the initial autopurge settings in Administrator for a project and those settings are used when a job is created (right?). However, after a job has been built and you want to change the autopurge settings, I've only found the option in Director under "Job -> Clear Log..." where you can change the settings for an individual job.

I see the [AUTO-PURGE] settings in DSParams. But I assume that is the file updated from Administrator since it is project wide?

Thanks. [I did not find anything via a search.]
gateleys
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Changing autopurge settings

Post by gateleys »

You may want to check Kenneth Bland's website for a utility that he has developed. I have used it and it works wonderfully. You will have to register in his site to get to the tips and tricks (or is it the tools?) page.
gateleys
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Was just going to post the same thing. I could have sworn it was posted here, but couldn't find it. It used to be available at the old DataStageXchange site but is 'No longer available' there. :(
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
gateleys
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by gateleys »

chulett wrote:Was just going to post the same thing. I could have sworn it was posted here, but couldn't find it. It used to be available at the old DataStageXchange site but is 'No longer available' there. :(
OK.. here is what Kenneth had to say -

viewtopic.php?t=106690
gateleys
RodBarnes
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by RodBarnes »

Thanks to all. Exactly what I needed. Figured someone had already done this before. :wink:
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Thanks Gateleys. I'd searched for the KBA utility name, figured that would be included in any post with the code. When that didn't turn anything up and you posted, I stopped searching. Thanks for providing the link.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers