String varchar yyyymmdd to Oracle date error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

nvalia
Premium Member
Premium Member

String varchar yyyymmdd to Oracle date error

Post by nvalia »

Hi,

I am reading from a file with one column DT1 (varchar) having date values '20070802'. I am trying to load this in an Oracle table column AS_OF_DATE( timestamp), after using the following conversion code OCONV(ICONV(DT1, "DYMD[4,Z,Z]"),"D-YMD[4,2,2]") : " 00:00:00".

It does't throw any error but the jobs aborts. It lists a log message as
"insTdwFxRateCurrency..TRN_TypeConversion: The value of the row is: AS_OF_DATE = 2007-08-06 00:00:00 SOURCE_SYSTEM_ID = IBS SITE = BOS BRANCH = 01 CURR_CODE = ABC CURR_DESC = TEST CURRENCY SPOT_RATE_IND = M SPOT_RATE = 1 MARKET_NOSTRO_POS = 0"

I have checked all other target cols, they seem to be Ok.
what is going wrong here.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You don't seem to have any quote characters in the row, where the data type is obviously string. This may be an artifact of how the error is reported. You might also try [4,2,2] rather than [4,Z,Z] in the Oconv() function.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
snt_ds
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by snt_ds »

Ray,

I tried using 4,2,2 in OCONV, but it still throws the same error message.
Anything else I can try?
Infact I aslo tried using the same code via a Routine.

Also I did not understand the meaning of your first statement regards Quote..
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I would have expected to see CURR_CODE = 'ABC', for example, not CURR_CODE = ABC.

Essentially you need to format the date precisely how Oracle's date picture is set up, or explicitly to specify TO_DATE with an alternate date picture.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Unless the target field is actually some form of a TIMESTAMP rather than a DATE field, which seemed to have been implied in the original post.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers