Hashed file size

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

satya99
Participant

Hashed file size

Post by satya99 »

Hi,

Is there any Universe query to find out Hashed file size in terms of GB.

Thanks in advance.
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

ANALYZE.FILE <<Hashed File Name>>
The above command will give you all sorts of info about the file, including size.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
crystal_pup
Participant

Post by crystal_pup »

Could u pls throw some more light on the above command...Is it run on Windows machine or unix server?

Thanks,
KD
georgesebastian
Participant

Post by georgesebastian »

Hi

ANALYZE.FILE <<Hashed File Name>>

use it in administrator command box.

Thanks
George
crystal_pup
Participant

Post by crystal_pup »

A bit problem with tht...Actually i dont hav administrator rights to the folder wherein the command can be run...Any other way to have it done?
When i tried to find the required command it took me to the folders titled CAT and VCOMM within datastage home directory on UNIX server...When i tried to get into the folders i was thrown an error regarding access permissions...Dats y i want to knw any other way to get it done...

Thanks,
KD
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

If you are unwilling to use the Administrator client:

Code: Select all

cd `cat /.dshome`
. ./dsenv
dssh
LOGTO <your project>
ANALYZE.FILE <your hashed file>
Note: this will not work for 'pathed' hashed files. Are yours account based or were they created in specific directories?

:!: Post here as you would communicate with your professional colleagues at work. English is not everyone's first language, "Dats y" SMS / text message crappola is not appropriate here.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You can execute ANALYZE.FILE (from within a DataStage environment) in any project. You can use it from the Administrator client's Command window. You may need to use SETFILE to create a VOC pointer to a pathed hashed file.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.