Automation of job schedule without director usage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

DSRajesh
Premium Member
Premium Member

Automation of job schedule without director usage

Post by DSRajesh »

Hi

I need to automate the job such that it can shedule the datastage on every month 2nd ..here i am not going use director for scheduling.

How can we do this?
can anybody helps me ?
RD
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Do you guys have an enterprise scheduler at your site? The scheduling folks should be able to help you out on how to get it done.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
DSRajesh
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by DSRajesh »

Hi DSDuru

We dont have enterprise scheduler but can you pls help me how can we achieve this ?
RD
DSRajesh
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by DSRajesh »

can anyone help in this regard
RD
kausikMitra
Participant

Re: Automation of job schedule without director usage

Post by kausikMitra »

Create shell script(s) which calls the job(s) and keep that in cron.

regards
Kausik
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

If you use shell scripts and cron then you might as well schedule the jobs in the director, since that is the scheduler used by default in DataStage.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

The original post is marked as 'Windows' so if that's correct there is no cron. But the point remains, if you run your jobs from the scheduler that DataStage uses, you might as well stick with letting DataStage interface with your scheduler for you.

And if you have nothing in the way of an Enterprise Scheduler... what makes you think you can 'not use Director for scheduling'? :?

Additionally, why the perceived need to find some other way to schedule this? Director will work just fine...
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Actually there are some bugs in the DataStage Windows scheduler interface.

You can submit dsjob commands via AT. Search the forum or manuals for dsjob, and type AT /? for the syntax of the AT command.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
rleishman
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by rleishman »

If you have a one-off non-standard scheduling requirement, you can just schedule it to run every day, and call a Server Routine as the first step in the sequence to work out whether it should run or not.

Then you create a conditional link to the rest of the sequence that only runs when the SR succeeds.

This is not such a hot idea if it is going to be required for a lot of different jobs - it's inelegant and creates a build and maintenance overhead.
Ross Leishman
ds_ashish
Participant

Post by ds_ashish »

Hi,

As you are running your datastage on windows then, write one batch program which calls all your executable jobs and schedule it through WINDOWS Schedular.

-------------------------
DSRajesh wrote:Hi

I need to automate the job such that it can shedule the datastage on every month 2nd ..here i am not going use director for scheduling.

How can we do this?
can anybody helps me ?
Thanks in Adv.
Ashish
MTA
Participant

Post by MTA »

ds_ashish wrote:Hi,

As you are running your datastage on windows then, write one batch program which calls all your executable jobs and schedule it through WINDOWS Schedular.

-------------------------
DSRajesh wrote:Hi

How can we do this?
can anybody helps me ?
WINDOWS Schedular is one among the many best answers
M.T.Anwer
The day the child realizes that all adults are imperfect he becomes an adolescent;
the day he forgives them, he becomes an adult; the day he forgives himself, he becomes wise.
-Aiden Nowlan