DS job solution arcitecture problem

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ArijitS
Participant

DS job solution arcitecture problem

Post by ArijitS »

I have some files in a folder .After checking some business logic i try to store the sucess and error files in seperate sucess and error folder.If a file contains all correct record in a file then store to sucess folder otherwise in error folder.And store the records in seperate sucess and error db and also populate one summary db populating sucess,error count filewise.

To solve this problem i tried with FOLDERSTAGE but facing problem to calculate filewise segregation on elapsed time/per file,sucess/error count per file due to the fact folderstage create a singel file appending filename with data.And for the rest i have to create some view with GROUP BY distinct filename to store the sucess/error count in some temp DB and finally populate summary DB.

Another approch is create a singel job and running filename as parameter by some script which passes filename onebyone.

But i seems both are to complex in nature for maintain.

Any one can plz give me some alternate or modified solution of the above problem or can identify the diffucalties may faced by these approch.

I am using DataStage 8.0 in windows 2003 server.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: DS job solution arcitecture problem

Post by chulett »

ArijitS wrote:Another approch is create a singel job and running filename as parameter by some script which passes filename onebyone.
I would suggest this approach and there's no reason it would be 'too complex in nature for maintain'.

No script required but you could certainly take that approach. A Sequence job with the Start/End Loop stages looping through your list of filenames and processing them one at a time. After processing each file and depending on the result of that processing, move the file to the appropriate folder as part of that same loop.

Lather, rinse, repeat.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
goriparthi
Charter Member
Charter Member

looping sequence

Post by goriparthi »

Guys,

Can someone tell me how to post the generated report from a job ,Actually i just want to post one here which can help ArijitS

Thanks[/url]
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Click the Generate Report tool in Designer. Save the intermediate file if desired. Post the report.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.