Is there any function to sort the data??

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

surendra_ds
Participant

Is there any function to sort the data??

Post by surendra_ds »

Hi All

Is there any function to sort the data in server jobs( Not UNIX commonds)

My requirement is to capture the duplicated data from source file
my source is CSV file, I dont have SORT Stage in our project.If we have SORT Stage , we can sort the data and capture the duplicate by comparing current and previous records.
Please help me to solve this problem.
My server is on windows machine , so I can'nt use the UNIX sort command.
Thanks in advance
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

You dont have a sort stage :shock: ?
You might not be able to see it in the stages pallete but if you go via the repository, you will see that the sort stage exists. If its truely missing then contact your support provider to get it.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
surendra_ds
Participant

Post by surendra_ds »

DSguru2B wrote:You dont have a sort stage :shock: ?
You might not be able to see it in the stages pallete but if you go via the repository, you will see that the sort stage exists. If its truely missing then contact your support provider to get it.
Hi DSguru2B

we dont have SORT stage , i have searched thru Repository.Can we solve this problem with out SORT Stage???
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

There is a windoze sort funtion but I am not sure if that is going to be of any help. Look into it though.
As a workaround you can load your flat file in a temp table and pass an order by clause there.
I still say get back to IBM and ask for the sort stage. Its an important stage, especially if you are sitting on a windoze box.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
surendra_ds
Participant

Post by surendra_ds »

Thanks DSguru2B

Thanks for ur reply...
I solved the problem by using Hash File and UNIVESRSE stage..
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Talk to your admin, have them install the Sort stage. No need to 'get back to IBM' for that, someone just didn't bother to install it when they installed everything else. Probably several other optional plug-in stages you are 'missing' as well...
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers