Creating a user that has equivalent rights to dsadm

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

RelianceDss
Premium Member
Premium Member

Creating a user that has equivalent rights to dsadm

Post by RelianceDss »

Hi,

We have two admin user dsadm and test, Both belongs to the same group dstage. If we loging in Administrator as default user dsadm, we can change the Permission but when we logged in as test user, we are unable to change the permission. i.e. permission tab is disabled in Administrator.

Please Help,

Regards,
Nitin
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Hmmm... I'm not sure you can have multiple admin users. The admin doesn't need to be 'dsadm' anymore, however, but still believe there can only be one and it is established when the product is installed. I'd have to check the docs. Perhaps someone else knows for certain.

Curious why the perceived need for two?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Install power broker. Use the dsadm as a su "Switch User" command. This way all the admins can have their own user id and can use "su" to switch to dsadm. This way both can have administrative authority and their activities will be logged by power broker.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

:? "Power Broker"? Linky?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

pbrun is like sudo. Got it. dsadm probably owns the files therefore has more rights.
Mamu Kim
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

I should have been more discrete in my explanation and included pbrun along with su.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

I don't think that was needed. I think more people have used sudo than Power Broker.
Mamu Kim