MQ Series Configuartion Problem

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

swades
Premium Member
Premium Member

MQ Series Configuartion Problem

Post by swades »

Hi All,

I did search for this issue but did not found any reasonable focus.
We have Data Stage 7.5.2 running on Sun Salaries 5.9 and we bought new MQ series plug ins from IBM and install on Data Stage server.
We install MQ series V6 client on UNIX environment where Data Stage server lies.
I did following entries in my dsenv file..
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/apps/opt/mqm/lib
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH
Then i bounced the Data Stage server.

but when i am trying to register plug in for MQ series i am getting following error:-

Unable to register plugin (Path=/apps/dstage/Ascential/DataStage/DSEngine/lib/mqs.so) Error Code=-2

while i suggesfully register following plug ins for MQ.
( /apps/dstage/Ascential/DataStage/DSEngine/lib/mqsenu.so
)

and when i am running job , i am getting this fatal error:-

ds_loadlibrary: error in dlopen of /apps/dstage/Ascential/DataStage/DSEngine/lib/mqs.so - ld.so.1: uvsh: fatal: libimqb23as.so: open failed: No such file or directory

I checked mqs.so file exist under DSEngine library.

We also contact to IBM tech support ,they suggest us to install both MQ server and client on UNIX environment where Data Stage server lies(because Data Stage V7.5.2 not support only client installation)

But we don't have enough resource for MQ server in Production environment.
So any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

In 7.5.x and earlier, this is the ONLY choice as it is the only supported scenario. You MUST have the MQ Server co-resident with DataStage Server.

Ernie
swades
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by swades »

Thanks Ernie
swades
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by swades »

eostic wrote:In 7.5.x and earlier, this is the ONLY choice as it is the only supported scenario. You MUST have the MQ Server co-resident with DataStage Server.

Ernie
After installing the MQ server on UNIX environment where Data Stage server lies ,is there any configuration i have to made with Data Stage other then i have done (other then dsenv entries- i am not sure. :? )
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

Not sure exactly....it's been too many years since I've done an install/config of it on unix. Certainly DataStage is going to need to be able to locate the MQ API libraries.......and of course, we'll assume that you are assured that MQ itself (w/o DS) is working properly and can be contacted from another application on that machine. If you start by getting errors like 2035 and 2058 in the Director (these are MQ messages related to connectivity to the Queue Manager) you will know you are doing well, because then you at least know that DS is finding the MQ API.....

Ernie
lstsaur
Participant

Post by lstsaur »

After you have installed MQ server, did you get your mqs.so registered successfully? MQ stage simply wouldn't work without registered msq.so.
Also assuming that you have put /opt/mqm/lib/3.2:/opt/mqm/lib:/usr/lib in the LD_LIBRARY_PATH of your dsenv.
swades
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by swades »

lstsaur wrote:After you have installed MQ server, did you get your mqs.so registered successfully? MQ stage simply wouldn't work without registered msq.so.
Also assuming that you have put /opt/mqm/lib/3.2:/opt/mqm/lib:/usr/lib in the LD_LIBRARY_PATH of your dsenv.
so Istsaur,

You mean i have to do following entry under my dsenv after server install,

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/apps/opt/mqm/lib/3.2:/apps/opt/mqm/lib:/apps/usr/lib

Nop, we did not install MQ server yet.

Thanks.