hi i am new to datastage please advice me

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

material.mine
Participant

hi i am new to datastage please advice me

Post by material.mine »

hi i want to call a routine into my server job. How can i call the routine?
Last edited by material.mine on Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The first piece of advice is that you should choose more meaningful subject lines.

The second is not to ask vague questions. The best answer to your question as stated is "appropriate data".

Create your own functions that invoke the DataStage functions. For example, to learn about the Convert() function, create a function called TestConvert that has the same number of arguments as Convert() and returns the result of Convert(). Use the routine Test Grid to experiment.

Get into the on-line help and bring up the topic Alphabetical List of Functions to get an idea of breadth. Obtain additional detail about functions from the DataStage BASIC manual.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Looks like question is now different from the one Ray answered. :?

You 'call' it simply by using it in a Transformer derivation. At the most basic level:

Code: Select all

MyRoutine(InputLink.Column)
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

If it is a transform routine then Craig's answer is enough, at its basic form. For a before/after job subroutine, you need to call it from the properties of the job.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.