Sequence succeed when job fails

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

tsamui
Participant

Sequence succeed when job fails

Post by tsamui »

Hi all,

I am using Job activity in a Sequence. The sequence always succeed whether actual parallel job succeed or not. I am using IBM Tivoli Workload Scheduler for the scheduling process and I schedule the sequence (not the job) through Tivoli Workload Scheduler. I always getting the success status in the Tivoli, whether the parallel job failed or succeed.
According my requirement, if parallel job failed the sequence should also fail.
How I achieve it?

Thanks&Regards
--------------------
Tsamui
asitagrawal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by asitagrawal »

Wrong Forum...

Anyways, in Server jobs we use Jobstaus in the CLI command, dsjob, which returns the job's status.....

HTH,
Asit
Share to Learn, and Learn to Share.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Check the Automatically Handle Activities that Fail check box prior to compiling the job sequence. If you have any explicit failure handling in the job sequence, make sure that it triggers something that a final check in the job sequence can detect and cause itself to fail (perhaps via the routine UtilityFatalToLog).

That said, let me state that I disagree 100% with that requirement. I believe that job control routines should be just that - in control. There are other ways to make schedulers aware that a particular course of action must be taken, such as existence or non-existence, or content, of specified files.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.