Premium Membership: Can the amount be reduced?

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

horserider
Participant

Premium Membership: Can the amount be reduced?

Post by horserider »

I am interested in becoming a premium member but was wondering if there is a possibility of reducing the membership amount $99.

Indeed this is a great site for all ETL developer and I myself have enjoyed the posts...yet in my humble opinion I think $99 is little more :)
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Less than 30 cents per day, and you want a reduction?!!

It's worth way more than that to a DataStage developer.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
shamshad
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by shamshad »

30 cents/ day is very economical :D

I use DataStage hardly about 6 months in an year. Only for complex issues this site is visited..hence my posting earlier. :lol:
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

I prefer to look at the price as a matter of time instead of as a dollar (or yen) amount.

Nobody here is using DataStage as a hobby, everyone interested in DataStage is going to be using it as part of compensated work. Take your salary and compute your hourly wage. Then compute how many hours of work it takes to pay off the annual DSXchange dues.

Then calculate much time you will save over the course of a year due to having a premium DSXchange membership. If that time savings is less than the time-cost of an annual membership then you are better or not paying the dues, otherwise it is certainly worth joining up.

I won't speak for any of the other frequent posters, but I know that having access to DSXchange premium information is worth it for me; particularly when I know that a quick search here will give me an example of what I am looking for in seconds and having to look it up in the documentation and then testing it out will take minutes or hours. This saved time adds up very quickly.

The dues are tax-deductible in most places as a business expense and you can always add "DSXchange" as a professional organization that you are a member of to your resume
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Well explained Arnd, well explained.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.