datastage server edition

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

prasad.bodduluri
Participant

datastage server edition

Post by prasad.bodduluri »

in keymgtgetnextvalue in this funtion what parameter is used
please give answers.
thank you[/b]
prasad
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Locate any routine in the Manager and double-click on it. You'll be able to read the Long Description which usually explains everything you need to know about the routine. You can also examine the source code to get a better understanding of how it works.

This would be true for the KeyMgtGetNextValue routine. Pop it open, read all about it and then let us know if you still have any questions.

Teach a man to fish...
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Ok...
Prasad, in an email, wrote:hi, in keymgtgetnextvalue funtion what parameter is used if i used this funtion in job, whenever i run the job, sequence value is used can you give me solution for it. thank you
First off, email is for private matters, not to continue a forum posting.

Secondly, did you do as I asked and look at the routine in question? It states a couple of salient points there:

"Routine to generate a sequential number"
"The routine argument is the name associated with the sequence"

So, for every discrete value you pass to the routine, a sequential number will be maintained, incremented and returned to you. Pass the same name in again and get the next number associated with that name. You will need to maintain a logical naming standard for Sequence numbers you'll need for any job in the Project as they are available project-wide.

If you still need help, post back here.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I don't mind private email, provided it is a request to engage my professional services - in this case as a paid consultant.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.