Is it possible to acess Oracle in Unix from DS in Windows

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ArijitS
Participant

Is it possible to acess Oracle in Unix from DS in Windows

Post by ArijitS »

I am planning to install Datastage 8.0 server and client in winows 2003 server machine and Oracle 10g release2 in Unix machine.Is it possible to access unix database from Datastage by Oracle OCI 9i plugin.Or we need to do by some other ways.
shiva459
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by shiva459 »

Why is it a problem?. Make sure you install a Oracle client on your 2003 server else you have to use ODBC to connect to Oracle database.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Welcome aboard. :D

As noted, yes that is perfectly feasible. You can connect to any Oracle instance you have 'visibility' to from the DataStage server via your tnsnames setup.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
sachin1
Participant

Re: Is it possible to acess Oracle in Unix from DS in Window

Post by sachin1 »

i have the same environment as your requirement ORACLE on HP-UNIX and datastage on Windows-NT, it works fine as said by chulett .
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Do you really have DataStage version 8.0 on Windows-NT, sachin1 ?

Can you please explain how you installed the same? I find that I am unable even to install version 7.5 on Windows-NT.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.