trigger jobs by events and if datastage supports web service

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

SPA_BI
Premium Member
Premium Member

trigger jobs by events and if datastage supports web service

Post by SPA_BI »

Hi,

Can datastage jobs be triggered by events from another server? Say I have a transaction on server 'a1', and after that transaction completes, I want to run a datastage job on the server 'a2'. Is that doable?

Also does datastage have any support for service oriented architecture, like web services etc.

Thanks
from SPA_BI
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

The command line program dsjob lets jobs be started on a remote system, the syntax is dsjob -server {name} -user {name} -password {name} -run -mode NORMAL {project} {job}[/b]
SPA_BI
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by SPA_BI »

ArndW wrote:The command line program dsjob lets jobs be started on a remote system, the syntax is dsjob -server {name} -user {name} -password {name} -run -mode NORMAL {project} {job}[/b]
That means I'll need to copy the dsjob program to the 'a1' server right? Where is dsjob located?
from SPA_BI
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

No, it means you need to look into issuing 'remote shell' commands.

And yes, DataStage has support for SOA, like web services, etc.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

rsh would be better if DataStage isn't also installed on your a1 server. But you can copy the program over from the $DSHOME/bin directory. I'm not sure if it needs any libraries on UNIX.
SPA_BI
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by SPA_BI »

chulett wrote:No, it means you need to look into issuing 'remote shell' commands.

And yes, DataStage has support for SOA, like web services, etc.
Hi, where can I find more information on DstaStage's SOA support, is it a plug-in we need to buy? Where can I find to documentation/white paper for it?
from SPA_BI
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

I just went to www.ibm.com and did a search on "DataStage SOA" and got several references to red books, pdf files and other documents.

The first big hit is This page
SPA_BI
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by SPA_BI »

ArndW wrote:I just went to www.ibm.com and did a search on "DataStage SOA" and got several references to red books, pdf files and other documents.

The first big hit is This page
Hi, that all seem like it's for Datastage 8. Has anyone ever used SOA in Datastage 7.5. If so, any comments regarding the SOA feature in DS 7.5?
from SPA_BI
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

It's not just for 8.x as a glance through the SOA Edition forum here would reveal. I'm currently using it with 7.5.1A, what kind of information are you looking for?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers