ORAOCIBL problem

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

crouse
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by crouse »

Schema Name is the 5th parameter to populate on the Properties tab.

And, depending on platforms, you most certainly can run in automatic mode when DataStage and the database are on different hosts. The definition of "automatic" is a bit different on how oracle actually runs the load if the two OS's are the same or different.
Craig Rouse
Griffin Resouces, Inc
www.griffinresources.com
crouse
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by crouse »

Schema Name is the 5th parameter to populate on the Properties tab.

And, depending on platforms, you most certainly can run in automatic mode when DataStage and the database are on different hosts. The definition of "automatic" is a bit different on how oracle actually runs the load if the two OS's are the same or different.
Craig Rouse
Griffin Resouces, Inc
www.griffinresources.com
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

knowledge wrote:I was using automatic mode but have to use manual mode since my database and datastage is residing on diff server
I use Automatic mode with my database on a different server than DataStage without issue. :?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

crouse wrote:Schema Name is the 5th parameter to populate on the Properties tab.
[sigh] I meant in his reply. *I* know where in the heck it is.
-craig

knowledge
Participant

still problem ORAOCIBL

Post by knowledge »

[quote="chulett"][quote="knowledge"]I was using automatic mode but have to use manual mode since my database and datastage is residing on diff server[/quote]
I use Automatic mode with my database on a different server than DataStage without issue. :?[/quote]

Hi Craig ,

When I changed to manual mode its working fine , but not sure where data got loaded , do i have to write any script to load this data file created by datastage or data stage does that(loading) internally ,
I checked, data and control files got created to the specified location , but my target table is still empty .

In auto mode it still giving me problem of table does not exist .
and same table i could load with oci stage ,
following is the control event from both jobs

[b]
Starting Job Ard_Codes.[/b]
$DSENV_STG1_NME = crash_etl_dev1 [$PROJDEF]
$DSENV_STG1_SID = oradev [$PROJDEF]
$DSENV_STG1_SCHEMA = crash_stg1 [$PROJDEF]
$DSENV_STG1_PW = crashetl [$PROJDEF]
$DSENV_EDW1_NME = crash_etl_edw [$PROJDEF]
$DSENV_EDW1_SID = oradev [$PROJDEF]
$DSENV_EDW1_SCHEMA = crash_edw [$PROJDEF]
$DSENV_EDW1_PW = crashedw [$PROJDEF]
$DSENV_ARD_NME = ardnew_read [$PROJDEF]
$DSENV_ARD_SID = dot1 [$PROJDEF]
$DSENV_ARD_SCHEMA = dot1 [$PROJDEF]
$DSENV_ARD_PW = read [$PROJDEF]
Finished Job Ard_Codes.

[b]
Starting Job Ard_Codes_orabulk.[/b]
$DSENV_STG1_NME = crash_etl_dev1 [$PROJDEF]
$DSENV_STG1_SID = oradev [$PROJDEF]
$DSENV_STG1_SCHEMA = crash_stg1 [$PROJDEF]
$DSENV_STG1_PW = crashetl [$PROJDEF]
$DSENV_EDW1_NME = crash_etl_edw [$PROJDEF]
$DSENV_EDW1_SID = oradev [$PROJDEF]
$DSENV_EDW1_SCHEMA = crash_edw [$PROJDEF]
$DSENV_EDW1_PW = crashedw [$PROJDEF]
$DSENV_ARD_NME = ardnew_read [$PROJDEF]
$DSENV_ARD_SID = dot1 [$PROJDEF]
$DSENV_ARD_SCHEMA = dot1 [$PROJDEF]
$DSENV_ARD_PW = read [$PROJDEF]
FilePath = /etl/DMSCRASH/work

[u][i]Ard_Codes_orabulk..Oracle_OCI_Load_18: Internal Error: Unable to initialize the Direct Path Context
ORA-00942: table or view does not exist[/i][/u]

please suggest ,

1:Do I have to write any script to load the data file created by datastage if ORAOCIBL is in manual mode ?
2: In auto mode why it is saying table or view does not exist though I m able to load same table with oci ?

Thanks.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: still problem ORAOCIBL

Post by chulett »

knowledge wrote:When I changed to manual mode its working fine , but not sure where data got loaded , do i have to write any script to load this data file created by datastage or data stage does that(loading) internally , I checked, data and control files got created to the specified location , but my target table is still empty .
1) Manual Mode means there is a 'manual' step needed after the job completes to actually perform the load. All it does is create the .ctl and .dat file and it's up to you to invoke sqlldr using those files. This can be a script, a bit of job control code, whatever you are comfortable with writing.

2) Obviously, you're on your own answering that question as we're not having any luck helping you find the issue. Open a ticket with your official Support provider and (since they'll have access to your jobs) see if they can provide any insight.
-craig