.uvconfig not found

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

mctny
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by mctny »

the files might have been deleted prior to the backup. what do you mean that when the DS working, does it mean you were able to connect to the DataStage server, because you won't be using those files when you just connect or compile a job.
Thanks,
Chad
Premium Member

Post by mystuff »

what do you mean that when the DS working
The files went missing on 21st. And we were able to compile/run the jobs as usual. We took back up from 17th. The backup didnt work. I am guessing the restore of backup was not complete.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The .uvconfig file only comes into play when DataStage is started. If DataStage is running you can delete .uvconfig - but you'll never be able to start DataStage again.

Can you look at the index of an earlier backup to see whether it has .uvconfig, uvconfig and the bin directory? If so, you should be able to restore from these; the files don't often get changed.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
mystuff
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by mystuff »

Can you look at the index of an earlier backup
What do you mean by index of earlier backup?

I found these in the DSEngine directory

Code: Select all

uvconfig.101005.152944.bak
uvconfig.20060308
uvodbc.config
It also has bin directory with contents (dsapi_server, dsapi_slave, dsrpcd, uvsh)
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

"Look at the index" of a backup means read the media without actually restoring to disk.

uvodbc.config is unrelated to the current issue. Does uvregen exist in the bin directory? Looks like uvconfig.20060308 might be a replaced version; might be worth making a copy of that as uvconfig if you can't find a more recent one.

Problem is, what else is missing?

Second problem is, what are you (your site) going to do to prevent files from going missing in the future?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.