Error Connecting from Client in Windows to DS Server in Unix

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

So your getting the "Invalid Userid and password" error now? That clearly says it all. Make sure your username and password is valid :?
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
lstsaur
Participant

Post by lstsaur »

Check your uvconfig file in the DSEngine directory. If you see "AUTHENTICATION 1" is populated in the file, then your Unix user authentication is done using Pluggable Authenication Module (PAM).
ds_ram
Participant

Post by ds_ram »

The entry is AUTHENTICATION 1 in the uvconfig file. Is it to be changed?
ivannavi
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ivannavi »

I am able stop and start the server wiith the following commands. (it asks for dsadm password)
$DSHOME/bin/uv -admin -stop
$DSHOME/bin/uv -admin -start
I don't think it should ask you for password. Try to start the engine while loged in as root. We have similar problems as you (something missconfigured on our site), and whenever we restart the engine as dsadm, clients won't connect. We think of reinstalling DataStage some of these days... But, before you do that, try root.
Andet
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Andet »

ivannavi wrote:
I am able stop and start the server wiith the following commands. (it asks for dsadm password)
$DSHOME/bin/uv -admin -stop
$DSHOME/bin/uv -admin -start
I don't think it should ask you for password. Try to start the engine while loged in as root. We have similar problems as you (something missconfigured on our site), and whenever we restart the engine as dsadm, clients won't connect. We think of reinstalling DataStage some of these days... But, before you do that, try root.
I bet you didn't do a root install. Make sure UV is a setuid to root, as well as dssh, dslictool, DBsetup, dslockd, and dstskup
Ande

"So, you think this will work?"