Unable to Connect to DS Server

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

cosec
Premium Member
Premium Member

Unable to Connect to DS Server

Post by cosec »

I get the following error message. I tried to login locally to the DS administrator in order to check the NLS setting but yet it gives me the error.
Pls help.

"Invalid Universe mark characters have been sent from the server, code page 936 may not support these characters, or you may need to install Datastage NLS".
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Login with telnet. If that doesn't work, login on the server itself (maybe using Remote Console). Check the NLS settings. Make sure they match the code page set for the Windows environment on your client machine.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
cosec
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by cosec »

How do I check the NLS Settings ???
ray.wurlod wrote:Login with telnet. If that doesn't work, login on the server itself (maybe using Remote Console). Check the NLS settings. Make sure they match the code page set for the Windows environment on your ...
cosec
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by cosec »

There are others using the Languae support on their local machine but they have no problem with accessing their jobs. the others did not specify NLS when installation and it still works why ???
cosec wrote:How do I check the NLS Settings ???
ray.wurlod wrote:Login with telnet. If that doesn't work, login on the server itself (maybe using Remote Console). Check the NLS settings. Make sure they match the code page set for the Windows environment on your ...
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

What's different between your client machine and theirs?

Clearly "nothing" is not the correct answer - otherwise they'd be behaving identically.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.