Not able TO release the locked job

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Team_2007
Premium Member
Premium Member

Not able TO release the locked job

Post by Team_2007 »

Hi All,
I am not able to release my locked job from the director....Yesterday suddenly the connection is broken from the server. After that when I tried opening the job it is saying "ACCESSED BY ANOTHER USER".. Till today it is displaying the same error..

Please help me in this regard...

Rgds,
Shiva.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Welcome aboard.

Curiously you are not the first to encounter this, not even the 1000th. It results from the defunct process (the agent process whose connection was broken) no longer being accessible to be told to free the lock.

If you look at the menu at the top of this page you will see a Search option. You can find this question, and its resolution.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

<color=blood>
Premium membership helps to pay for the bandwidth costs of DSXchange. It only costs a few cents per day, and it's definitely worth it, not least because it helps to ensure that DSXchange remains alive.
</color>
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

:P
it looks like membership status for Team_2007 has been a quickly changing dimension.
Akumar1
Participant

Post by Akumar1 »

Hay....

1: if the error is "Job being accessed by another user"that means same job is opened in another session.Please close that session or close dat job from datastage canvas.
2:if your job is hanged up and nothing is working then restart the server.
but before doing dat please try to kill that process.

Thanks,
Akumar1
ICE
Participant

Re: Not able TO release the locked job

Post by ICE »

Dear Shiva,

Have you tried to unlock your job from DS administrator DS tool?

Rgds,

Team_2007 wrote:Hi All,
I am not able to release my locked job from the director....Yesterday suddenly the connection is broken from the server. After that when I tried opening the job it is saying "ACCESSED BY ANOTHER USER".. Till today it is displaying the same error..

Please help me in this regard...

Rgds,
Shiva.
rprasanna28
Participant

Post by rprasanna28 »

WHICH OPERATING SYSTEM ARE YOU USING? IS IT UNIX?
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Shiva,

you are getting this message because the session that was aborted had the job locked and this lock has not been released. There are many ways of releasing this lock and all of them have been described in detail in other posts on this site.

The preferred (and documented) method is to use the "cleanup resources" menu option from the director client.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Akumar1 wrote:Hay....

1: if the error is "Job being accessed by another user"that means same job is opened in another session.Please close that session or close dat job from datastage canvas.
2:if your job is hanged up and nothing is working then restart the server.
but before doing dat please try to kill that process.

Thanks,
Akumar1
Your second point is singularly poor advice. One should identify the owner of the lock and determine whether they are still connected; if so they can be asked to close the edit window they have open on the object. Then, if there is a defunct process owning the lock, the lock may be released, for example from the DS.TOOLS menu. No need to kill anything, no need to restart DataStage.

Grammatical Note
The word "dat" is inappropriate in this context.
arati
Participant

Post by arati »

i AM NOT SURE IF YOU HAVE TRIED THIS

OPEN DS DIRECTOR> JOB> CLEAN UP RESOURCES

VIEW ALL > VIEW ALL> SERCH THAT JOBS PROCESSS AND SAY LOGOUT AND IN THE AME WAY KILL ALL PROCESSES FOR THAT JOB. AND THE JOB WILL B AVAILABLE
PLZZ LET ME KNOW IF MORE INFO IS REQUIRED.

THX
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Guys, Please lay off the caps. It sounds like you guys are shouting. No need to do that.
And please use complete english words. These points are stressed time and again.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

More information is required. Including:
  • Why do you "shout" (bad netiquette, definitely bad in a professional forum)?

Where did you learn to spell? (I'd be seeking a refund.)

Are you aware that Cleanup Resources does not pick up locks held by defunct processes?

How does one identify "all processes for that job" in the Cleanup Resources window?

Why do you advise "kill" when it's already been documented on the forum as bad advice?