DSSetJobLimit and DSJ_LIMITWARN

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ajongba
Participant

DSSetJobLimit and DSJ_LIMITWARN

Post by ajongba »

Can anyone please tell me how to make use of DSJ_LIMITWARN in DSSetJobLimit.
I have some series of server jobs which is called by a sequencer job.The sequencer job is simply called by a unix shell script.
The portion of command that i used to call the sequencer job is "$DSHOME/bin/dsjob -run ${ParmList} -warn 0 $ProjName $JobName" Here i thought that i took care of the 50 warning default but the jobs get aborted after 50 warnings.... where else do i have to make the changes so that the job runs without limit... I tries the search and found that making use of DSJ_LIMITWARN and DSSetJobLimit will do the trick but i really don't know where to use it.... Please help
BRING IT ON
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

DSSetJobLimit() is used from the DataStage API, not from dsjob.

DSJ.LIMITWARN is a DataStage constant used as an argument to DSSetJobLimit() and which specifies that it is the warnings limit (not the rows limit) that is being set.

Research the on-line help for DSSetJobLimit.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ajongba
Participant

Post by ajongba »

Hi Ray,
So i see that it has nothing to do with dsjob.But i could not see the complete message, so can you tell me what is wrong with the command i have passed.... The Mode (row/warn limits) = 0/50 when i run the job through the script and it is Mode (row/warn limits) = 0/0 when i run the sequencer manually..... I really don't get it.It is not overwriting the default limit....
BRING IT ON
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

That sounds like a bug that should be reported to your Support provider. The behaviour should be the same in that scenario.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ajongba
Participant

Post by ajongba »

Ok ..Thank ray and hulett for helping me out consistently... i will report the same to the support provider..Thanks once again :)
BRING IT ON
ajongba
Participant

Post by ajongba »

Hi all
Just wanted to update you guys on the development here...... I tried changing the cammand with warn option more than 50 i.e., i increase the number into warn 200000 and it worked the Mode was changed (row/warn limits) = 0/200000 but if i try to make the changes with the script with warn 0 it does not..... I think i will have to increase the number...There is still no word from the service provider....
Any suggestion???
BRING IT ON
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

There's no reason for a Server job to ever log a warning, so one bit of advice would be to fix your job. We have two or three thousand that run nightly across the enterprise with nary a peep.

Other than than, work around it as you've shown or wait for the official answer.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Premium membership costs only a few cents per day, and helps to fund the bandwidth costs of DSXchange. It's definitely worth it, not just to be able to read all of the premium posters' posts, not only because you are helping to keep this site operating, but also because of more goodies for premium members that will be announced very soon.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.