About transaction size and array size

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ajay.prakash03
Participant

About transaction size and array size

Post by ajay.prakash03 »

Hi
Any one can tell me what is the basis for putting values in transaction size and array size in Odbc and oracle.

Suppose i have 1000 records in nput so what value i sud put in both (Transaction and array size)... IS there any calculation based on which we put the value. or random..

plz help me...

Thanks
rafik2k
Participant

Post by rafik2k »

transaction size: is no. of rows written before each commit. u can give default value is 0 for if input size is less, that is, all the rows are written before being committed to the data table.

If ur input size is too big, u can specify let's say 10,000.
it all depends on ur requirement how u r going to handle exception in case of failure/abort.

array size: Specify the number of rows written at a time. The default value is 1, that is, each row is written in a separate statement.
u can give differnt value to minimize round trips and maximize performance

Hope it would help u.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I personally have answered this question more than once here, and I know that others have also. Search the forum to find these answers.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.