.dsk strucutre for routines

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

prasad111
Premium Member
Premium Member

.dsk strucutre for routines

Post by prasad111 »

Hi All,

I have written a routine to get the row count of a link, it works fine in some places, in sequencer(trigger column) some places it wont.

viewtopic.php?t=109694&highlight=.dsk

Based on the above link can anyone tell me wher is .dsk files are stored or what are the changes to made precisely.

Currently I am getting this error

Compiling: Source = 'RT_BP583/JOB.1194349503.DT.1434157665', Object = 'RT_BP583.O/JOB.1194349503.DT.1434157665'
**********************************************************************************************************************************?**************************************************************************
0276 If (AggGetRowCount('SourceToTarget',"Trans2","lnk_seqBadRecords")>0) Then GoTo L$V0S64$START
^
',' unexpected, Was expecting: '!', ')', '=', "AND", "OR", "LT", "LE",
"GT", "GE", "NE", "EQ", "MATCH"
Array 'AggGetRowCount' never dimensioned.

2 Errors detected, No Object Code Produced.
(seqSourceToTarget)
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I think that post refers to a DSX file, meaning a DataStage export file. These are stored on the client machine wherever you specify when you perform an export.

What seems to have happened here is that you have imported the job but not a routine that it calls. Both of these should have been export so that both could be imported.

The Dependencies tab in job properties provides a mechanism whereby you can keep a checklist of things that this job needs also to be promoted when the job itself is promoted (or exported).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

What changes are to be made to what precisely? :?

You should call your routine using the Routine Activity stage and then check the $ReturnValue of that in your trigger expressions.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

ray.wurlod wrote:I think that post refers to a DSX file, meaning a DataStage export file. These are stored on the client machine wherever you specify when you perform an export.

What seems to have happened here is that you have imported the job but not a routine (called AggGetRowCount) that it calls. Both of these should have been export so that both could be imported.

The Dependencies tab in job properties provides a mechanism whereby you can keep a checklist of things that this job needs also to be promoted when the job itself is promoted (or exported).
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Was that for my benefit? :roll: :wink:

That aspect of the issue was resolved in the linked post. Read the original post in this thread again:
prasad111 wrote:I have written a routine to get the row count of a link, it works fine in some places, in sequencer(trigger column) some places it wont.
It's not that it doesn't work at all, it works "some places" but not others. And one of the "not others" is apparently in a Trigger expression.

Attention to detail, lad! :lol:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Dollars to donuts the place it doesn't work is in a different project.
prasad111
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by prasad111 »

chulett wrote:What changes are to be made to what precisely? :?

You should call your routine using the Routine Activity stage and then check the $ReturnValue of that in your trigger expressions.
This was a really a smart logic, that works now.
Thanks a lot.

Experience really make a difference.