to read a paragraph data(clob datatype)

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ds_ram
Participant

to read a paragraph data(clob datatype)

Post by ds_ram »

Hi,
We have a requirement to read a text data which is running in paragraphs with newlines in between. The source is a sequential file. We have defined LongVarChar in DataStage to read this column as the target database will have CLOB datatype for this column. But still when I tried to view the record in the Seq File stage, it puts the record in a disordered way. can any one help me how to read such a record and load the same?

Thanks in advance.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

A "disordered way"? You may want to explain what that means. :?

Sounds like you haven't even gotten to the CLOB part yet. Are you having a problem simply trying to read the file because there are newlines in one field? Move the Columns tab in the Sequential File stage over to the right and change the 'Contains terminators' option for that column to 'Yes', see if that helps...
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

If it's a text file, simply mark the column "contains line terminators" (scroll right in the Columns grid to find this setting).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Huh... guess there's an echo in here here here. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ds_ram
Participant

Post by ds_ram »

The source is a text file only which has 3 columns. One of the columns is to be populated to a clob datatype field in target. I will try the option of specifying contains terminators. Sorry for the delayed reply.