Connecting to Designer - slow

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

gomez
Premium Member
Premium Member

Connecting to Designer - slow

Post by gomez »

When I connect to Designer /Adminstrator or any DS client on 8.0.1, it takes a few minutes to autherniticate
It is frustrating sometimes and we are not able to figure out why this takes a long time. This was not the case with 7.5 or earlier versions.
We even tried turning off the virus check just to see if that helps
Any clues?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Probably all the extra work that has to be done to verify the identity of the domain user that is mapped to the DataStage user. Are your servers on separate machines? Are they or the network busy?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
gomez
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by gomez »

I have WAS and IIS/DataStage on one server. The metadata repository is on SQL server 2005 and this resides on a different server. Will that be a cause? Operating system is Windows 2003 server for both the server machines.

Thanks
gomez
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by gomez »

We got a work around from IBM AScential HelpDesk for this. When we had Local OS security, the connections were slow however when we changed it to LDAP security, it was remarkably faster. Now the clients open up almost as fast as the 7.5 version or older.

Thanks
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Keep in mind that a saturated network can also cause this symptom. I was at a site in India during the World Cup Cricket and things were abysmally slow - the reason was 75 developers all watching the (live) cricket in their Internet browsers. No bandwidth left in the LAN.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.