Controller Problem: Error Calling DSRunJob Code=-99

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vipshiva
Participant

Post by vipshiva »

Hi,
I am getting the following error messge when I am calling a job from a sequencer.

My Seq is as mentioned below:

Named_pipe_Write------>Abort seq
(Job Activity)
Named_pipe_Read1------>Abort seq
(Job Activity)
Named_pipe_Read2------>Abort seq
(Job Activity)

All the jobs are called in parallel . In my first job I am writing into two Named pipe files.
In the second and third jobs I am reading from those.In these jobs first job is not called.i.e NamedPpipe_write is not called.

please help me friends,

Regards,
Shiva.
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Was there any other error/warning message? Did you try searching on the error message?
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

-99 is "general Repostiory error" which means that DataStage can not diagnose it. Chances are that the pipe has filled as some point - the writer to the pipe running faster than the reader from the pipe, thus causing a "broken pipe" condition. Do the individual job logs contain any more useful information?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.