Issue with Oracle Load in 7.5.2

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

remo
Participant

Issue with Oracle Load in 7.5.2

Post by remo »

Hi ,
we have server jobs moved from 6.0 to 7.5.1. Thse jobs load into oracle using plug-in. We had array sizes set to 10000. thse ran fine in 6.0 but we have jobs being aborted in 7.5.2. The job runs fine in 7.5.2 when the array size is reduced to around 3000. Is there anything i need to chnage as far as the settings are concerned inorder for these jobs to run in 7.5.2 without any changes bieng made
remo
narasimha
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by narasimha »

Do you get any warnings/errors in the logs for the aborted jobs, that could help find out the cause?
Narasimha Kade

Finding answers is simple, all you need to do is come up with the correct questions.
remo
Participant

hi

Post by remo »

Hi... This is the message I see in the director

Abnormal termination of stage CC900Stg3TrackCodeDetail..Transformer_0 detected.

My job reads from oracle, uses a transformer to do a lookup and then loads into oracle.

[/img]
remo
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

What about any surrounding warning message?
Reset the job and see if you have any message "From Previous Run ...." pop up in the log. If it does, post its "entire" content here.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
remo
Participant

hey

Post by remo »

there are no other warning messages I can see here..The message I mentioned earlier is the only one I could see.
remo
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

You still answered only half of my question. Did you reset the job? Also double click on the error message and post the entire content here.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

How do you calculate the array size that you use?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
remo
Participant

hi

Post by remo »

i never did any sort of calculation. actually these jobs were build by somebody else in 6.0 and i am trying to moe them into 7.5.2 and run them there.
remo
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

As noted, for any 'abnormal termination' situation, you need to Reset the aborted job from the Director to try and get more diagnostic information.

Have you tried that? Did the 'Reset' add a 'From previous run...' message to the log? If so, please post the contents of that message.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Tell them Craig, man.
remo
Participant

Post by remo »

this is message I see when I reset the job....

Dynamic_RDBMS_54: Array size out of bounds, set to default of 1
remo
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Ok, what is the current Array Size in the job? Apparently, way 'more bigger' than it should have been.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
remo
Participant

Post by remo »

it was put at 10000 in this run. when i tried 3000 it works fine
what actually limits the array size.... because i want to see why the same job worked on a different server. is there anyhting i got to change in the settings.. am i missing somethin
remo