DataStage and CORBA

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ajay_eyunni
Participant

DataStage and CORBA

Post by ajay_eyunni »

Hi,
Its really urgent to know as how datstsge supports CORBA. I am searchingon it. Still require help from you all.

Thanks

Ajay :D
Ajay Eyunni
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Call your Support provider, especially if it's "really urgent".
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

How exactly do you intend to merge the two technologies?In other words, what exactly is your question again :roll: ?
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
ajay_eyunni
Participant

Regd:DataStage and Corba

Post by ajay_eyunni »

DSguru2B wrote:How exactly do you intend to merge the two technologies?In other words, what exactly is your question again :roll: ?
I want to call the CORBA API from DataStage,. Is there a way to get he data from Corba through DataStage.
Ajay Eyunni
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Never done it, never saw it done. Get in touch with your support provider.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

How would you do it if you took DataStage out of the picture? That's probably the same way you'd have to do it with DataStage.
-craig

ajay_eyunni
Participant

DataStage and Corba

Post by ajay_eyunni »

chulett wrote:How would you do it if you took DataStage out of the picture? That's probably the same way you'd have to do it with DataStage. ...

Hi,
Thanks all for the reply. I came to know that dataStage supports CORBA. But how to call the data from CORBA into the DataStage is the problem. I did no find any help on this process. Do anyne have any idea.
Ajay Eyunni
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

How about adding an additional layer. Call the CORBA interface, land your data in a staging file. And read that file from DataStage. If you can create a stand alone program to invoke CORBA which can be called from command line interface, then you can invoke it from within datastage.
rameshrr3
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by rameshrr3 »

How about adding an additional layer. Call the CORBA interface, land your data in a staging file. And read that file from DataStage
And you would probably use WaitForFile activity to ensure that Corba has written the data to a file on your OS filesystem. You may still face issues if you have to send something back to corba(handshaking), in which case , the wait for file should trigger a job or routine that creates a file that corba should look for and return back some code to its calling program. DataStage TX might support corba interfaces more directly , but not sure about Server edition in its basic form.

Did you create an ECASE with IBM for this?
Last edited by rameshrr3 on Tue May 22, 2007 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You came to know it supports it how exactly? And why not answer my first question?
-craig

DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

rameshrr3 wrote: And you would probably use WaitForFile activity to ensure that Corba has written the data to a file on your OS filesystem. You may still face issues if you have to send something back to corba(handshaking), in which case , the wait for file should trigger a job or routine that creates a file that corba should look for and return back some code to its calling program.
WFF is completely unnecessary. All of this could be done in a before/after job subroutine.
rameshrr3
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by rameshrr3 »

I found an interesting but BROKEN link. :wink: But it is in the TX library and not Server Edition Library.
ajay_eyunni
Participant

DataStage and Corba

Post by ajay_eyunni »

chulett wrote:You came to know it supports it how exactly? And why not answer my first question?
Hi,
As per you rquestion I found an index in Asscential Help pdf files which has given that DataStage supports CORBA. MOre than hthis I dont have any info
:)
Ajay
Ajay Eyunni
ajay_eyunni
Participant

DataStage and Corba

Post by ajay_eyunni »

DSguru2B wrote:How about adding an additional layer. Call the CORBA interface, land your data in a staging file. And read that file from DataStage. If you can create a stand alone program to invoke CORBA which can be called from command line interface, then you can invoke it from within datastage.
Hi Guru,
As per your suggestion, Can you please let me know as what exactly u mean by Standarn alone programme and how to interact dataStage using standard alone programme. Possible kindly provide with an example.

Ajay :)
Ajay Eyunni
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

A stand alone program is a package that can be invoked by any program. Either manually, or via a scheduller. Like a shell script. If you can package your CORBA program as a stand alone entity then it can be called from within DataStage.