Repository Interface error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

maheshsada
Participant

Repository Interface error

Post by maheshsada »

Hi

I am getting this warning whenever i open the director: WARNING: Repository Interface Tracing is switched ON.

When i tried to log into administrator and choose the projects, when the properties button is pressed, then its giving the Runtime error '6'

any suggestions

Magesh S
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: Repository Interface error

Post by chulett »

maheshsada wrote:When i tried to log into administrator and choose the projects, when the properties button is pressed, then its giving the Runtime error '6'
Is this just an issue for you or does everyone get this error? You'll probably need to contact your Support Provider if everyone is having the problem, if it's just you I'd suggest completely uninstalling your Client and then reinstalling. And sometimes 'completely' means:

1) Uninstall DataStage client
2) Remove any traces of the Ascential directories
3) Use regedit to remove any traces of the Ascential registry entries
4) Reboot
5) Reinstall.

And then yes, finally, somewhere in all this it sounds like someone needs to turn tracing off in the Administrator for your Project.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
maheshsada
Participant

Post by maheshsada »

thanks for the reply, we have created another project and imported all the jobs in the new project and deleted the current project, the issue got resolved.

The issue with administrator was with every one

Magesh S
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Interesting. Probably could have just rebuilt the project indexes, but you found a solution. Could you please mark the post as resolved?
-craig

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

This warning is issued solely because you have server side tracing enabled in Administrator.

It alerts other client users that there will be performance degradation. Server side tracing can inflict about a 10% performance degradation.

The solution is to disable server side tracing (on the Tracing tab in the project properties in Administrator).

It was not necessary to create a separate project. I hope you took the opportunity to weed out some dead wood.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

The reason the new project was created was to eliminate the 'runtime error 6' everyone was apparently getting, which was preventing them from turning off tracing.
-craig

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Server side tracing can be enabled/disabled from the DS.TOOLS menu on the server, or via the DS.TRACE menu or TRACE command, in a dssh shell.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Good to know.
-craig

maheshsada
Participant

Post by maheshsada »

Good to know that there is a command to execute, can you please give the full synax of trace comman
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

TRACE
TRACE ON
TRACE OFF
TRACE CLEAR
TRACE CLEAR Type1FileName