Only Sequence jobs fail compilation - trigger expression

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sowjanya_961
Participant

Only Sequence jobs fail compilation - trigger expression

Post by sowjanya_961 »

Manager- Run Multiple Job Compile - Only my Sequence jobs fail compilation saying trigger expression , parameter not defined, but when i open the job from the designer and compile it , it compiles fine. i have a number of jobs that i frequently export and import into different environments. Can some body pls help me...?
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

I you do multiple job compile and select ONLY the one sequence, does it also fail? If yes, then you need to report this to your support provider {and you have a simple test case to submit to them}. Does this sequence fail to compile every time or is it a sporadic error?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

As noted, sounds like a bug that should be reported.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Check first that you can compile the job sequence indepently.
When you can not, verify that the parameter reference you have used in a trigger expression is an accurate one.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
sowjanya_961
Participant

Post by sowjanya_961 »

I forgot to adda nother point . Incidentally the jobs which fail for the above said reason have the job parameters defined in the job but these parameters are used only in the Trigger expressions and are not passed to any of the jobs. Could this be a bug .....
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Probably not.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
jtenshaw
Premium Member
Premium Member

Trigger Expression Variable Not Defined

Post by jtenshaw »

We have this problem also. It's always the same sequence that fails when doing a Multiple Job Compile. Compiling the job by itself or compiling the job using Multiple Job Compile but only including this 1 job to compile also works. Any suggestions? We're on 7.51A, are there any upgrades/patches available? Where would I look for upgrades/patches? Thanks.
jusami25
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by jusami25 »

We are getting the same error. We have 7.5.1A version too. Should we install a patch?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

That would be a question for your Support provider. I've never seen the problem and don't recall any patches for something similar, but it might be platform dependant. Check with support.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers