Error calling a DS job

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vardhan354
Participant

Error calling a DS job

Post by vardhan354 »

Folks,

I have a master sequencer that calls 5 sequences in that job.The job runs fine every night in prod,but Yday it failed.The reason is the master sequence is not able to call the one of the sequence contained in it.
This was the message

jsParent (@jschild5): Controller problem: Error calling DSRunJob(jschild5), code=-14
[Timed out while waiting for an event]

There is no watch for event in that parent job.

Again I re-ran the job this morning and all the jobs went well.

Still I'm not able to understand the reason behind the failure of the child job.Any ideas on this is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
ETL
ETL
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

The error indicates that the engine requested a job run but the resouces were not available and hence the request timed out. This may happen if you are running one too many jobs at the same time and hence exhausting the resources.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: Error calling a DS job

Post by chulett »

pradeepleon wrote:error token for -14 :DSJE_TIMEOUT The job appears not to have started after waiting for a reasonable length of time. (About 30 minutes.)
Actually, it's more like 60 seconds.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

:? Is what really something I care for? Accurate information? Of course. I see now that the Guide does indeed say "(About 30 minutes)" but in reality the answer is hard-coded in the Engine at 60 or 90 seconds, tops.

Sheesh, don't take it personal - just pointing out that (regardless of where it came from) the information is incorrect.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
pradeepleon
Participant

Post by pradeepleon »

no biggi...... :P

Take it easy

cheers,
Thanks,
Pradeep

(Ten Hugs And Nine KisseS - THANKS)......is that true?

In GOD we trust,for all others we take cash.