Data has been truncated

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

jshurak
Participant

Data has been truncated

Post by jshurak »

Extract_Authorization_Log_Physical_File..Transformer_2.DSLink3: DSD.BCIGetNext call to SQLFetch returned informational message.
SQLSTATE=01004, DBMS.CODE=0
[DataStage][SQL Client]Data has been truncated
I've searched the exchange for this and have read the responses. It appears this is on the source end. In my case a DB2 AS400 table. My question is, is there a way to figure out which column is causing this message?
diamondabhi
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by diamondabhi »

How many char fields you got, I always try to drill it down that way?

What stage are you using?

Even i would like to see a better solution?
Every great mistake has a halfway moment, a split second when it can be recalled and perhaps remedied.
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Re-import the table definition. Something must have changed between the time you imported the table definition and when you ran this job. If that does not help then you pretty much have to go through all the columns manually and check its size.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
jshurak
Participant

Post by jshurak »

Thanks for your help! It got me started on some interesting research!

Here's the skinny.

we have to system DSN data sources for the same source. The first is Ascential's DB2 Wire Protocol, the other is iSeries Access ODBC Driver. When I use the iSeries Driver, I get those messages, when I use Ascential's, I get it no problem.

My initial thought was that the job was originally set up to use Ascential's. For some reason over the course of a year, The ODBC was changed to the iSeries. I'm led to believe this because there was no table definition for the iSeries ODBC, but there was one for Ascential's.

I've tried to reimport the definition into the iSeries ODBC with no luck. I've tried to import it from the Ascential table definition. No luck. The only thing that seems to work is using the Ascential ODBC.

Does anyone know why this may be occuring?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

In your shoes I would contact Information Builders, ask them what is going on.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers