Problem in passing number as parameter

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

rcil
Charter Member
Charter Member

Problem in passing number as parameter

Post by rcil »

Hello All,

I am trying to pass a number (Ex: 6000) as job parameter and use that parameter in the stage variable. But the job parameter is acting weired. Below are the complete details.

I added a job parameter with name AmtDiff with value as 6001. My logic int he stage variable is

StageVariable : svDiffAmt

Code: Select all

If lkp.NOTFOUND then 1 else if  ((lnlink.AMOUNT- lkp.AMOUNT) <> 0 and (lnlink.AMOUNT- lkp.AMOUNT) > AmtDiff ) then 1 else 0
My constraint is svDiffAmt = 1

In the result I am getting the negative values as well. When I used the function like > Num(AmtDiff) I am not getting the negative values but there are some positive values in the file that are less than the parameter value (6000).

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
RCil
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

That logic can only generate 1 or 0, so why do you say you are "getting negative values"?

Did you build the expression with the expression editor? If not, please do so - you may have made one small typing error.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.