XML Input Stage In Parallel Jobs

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dav_mcnair
Premium Member
Premium Member

XML Input Stage In Parallel Jobs

Post by dav_mcnair »

I am new to the XML input job and trying to determine if the XML stages can be used in a Parallel job. All the examples I find only show the use of a "folder" stage which is not available in a parallel job. I tried to set up a Sequential File stage but not sure how to configure the stage. Any ideas or input??

Thanks

David
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

Hi David...

Look carefully at the Stage Properties and Input link side of the XMLInput Stage. In there you will see an option for "URL" or "Content". This describes what is "inside" (the value) for the "column" that you specify in the pull-down. In Server, the Folder Stage allows you to easily send actual "content" in a column ---- in EE, you would use that option if you were bringing the content in from say, MQStage or maybe an rdbms. But since you don't have the Folder stage in EE, instead you need to get a column to contain the full path and name of your XML document (lots of ways to do this --- test it initially by just hard coding it in a transformer) and indicate URL in the radio button. Now the XMLInput stage will read the document directly itself.

Ernie
dav_mcnair
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by dav_mcnair »

I do not have an "Input" tab on my XMLInput stage. Do I need to add a file stage of some sort for the "Input" tab to show?

Thanks
David
shawn_ramsey
Participant

Post by shawn_ramsey »

You need to have an input link of some sort. The row generator works if you want to process 1 file. I have also used the external source to get a list of files using a unix find. In either case you set the input tab to URL/Filepath and the XML stage will handle the rest.
Shawn Ramsey

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes."
-- Douglas Adams