is there any way to increase the inter stag rowbuffer?

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

waklook
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by waklook »

Hi;

thanks Ray and Craig and sorry for short,

i posted this problem before with the job desc, and what i'm trying to do is according to Ernie advise (thanks Ernie), and i have exactly this error,
so i sked according to that error.
Craig: i have tryed the URL/File path but it does't work with me, and if so can you please explain how cat it improve the job perforance.
the job design is like this:
FolderStage --> transformerStage --> XML inputStage --> transformerStage --> 2 SequentialFile + other stuff including pivot stage, >90% of the job time is between
FolderStage --> transformerStage --> XML inputStage --> transformerStage --> 2SequentialFile,
and yes i'm going down to the /text() for all my columns and they are around 255 columns.

"the job is running on monthly basis"

this is the link for my previous post on this issue.

viewtopic.php?p=219830&highlight=&sid=b ... 25f#219830
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

waklook wrote:i have tryed the URL/File path but it does't work with me
What exactly "doesn't work" about it? :?
waklook then wrote:the job design is like this:
FolderStage --> transformerStage --> XML inputStage --> transformerStage --> 2 SequentialFile + other stuff including pivot stage
Remove the first transformer, it can't be providing any value, only a 'chokepoint' in the processing. Go directly from the Folder stage to the XML Input stage and see how that helps. Make sure you are using the URL / File path option.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
waklook
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by waklook »

Hi,

Craig:
for using the URL / File path option i missed to choose YES for fully qualified option in folder stage, now it's working,
regarding your advise i'm going to do that and i will let you all know the result.

thanks guys.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

waklook wrote:for using the URL / File path option i missed to choose YES for fully qualified option in folder stage, now it's working
Good point and something I'll remember to mention from now on in this regard. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
waklook
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by waklook »

Hi guys;

Craig:

this is what happen with me when i run the job for only 10,000 xml file:

using the old job using 'XML DOCUMENT' option and
using your advise 'URL/FILE PATH' the load time was very close (arount 52Min),so i tryed
using LinkPart&LinkColl with 8 shared Containers(containing only the xml input stage) plus using your advise 'URL/FILE PATH' the load time was around 14Min and it seems huge difference, i will go for the second one unless one of you guys have better idea.

i used 8 shared containers bcz we have 8CPUs.

Many thanks for all of you guys specialy for those who gave me the advises.