data load issue

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

rafik2k
Participant

data load issue

Post by rafik2k »

I am getting different error while loading data into db2 on linux in the same job.

Code: Select all

"[DataStage][SQL Client][ODBC][DataDirect][ODBC DB2 Wire Protocol driver][UDB DB2 for Windows, UNIX, and Linux]OBJECT COLUMN TBSPACEID=2, TABLEID=635, COLNO=1 CANNOT CONTAIN NULL VALUES IN UPDATE OR INSERT
SQLSTATE=23000, DBMS.CODE=-407"

But this job has been running perfectly in Windows.

There are no NULL values for the first column in Source ie for the COLNO=1(WHICH IS CUSTOMERNUMBER AS PER METADATA) AND THE SOURCE FOR THIS COLUMN IS CONS_NO.

The same place last time run, I got

"UNKNOWN NETWORK ERROR"
Could you please let me know what is the cause of this problem?

Thanks in advance
Rafiq
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

If your system generates "unknown network error" how the heck would we be supposed to know?!!!

The "null" error can occur even if your metadata specifies nullable, and will definitely occur if there is any null in, or generated in, the data. Don't assert, check.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
rafik2k
Participant

Post by rafik2k »

This job is runnig fine while loading into db2 udb on windows environment which is same as DS server.
and it does not give any null related error.

It throws error only while loading into db2 udb on linux enviroment.
rafik2k
Participant

[b]Strange error[/b]

Post by rafik2k »

The job aborts at halfway and giving following error message while loading db2 in linux.

The same job runs perfect while loading on db2 in windows enviroment.
Can you please let me what the issue is going on?
I am really stuck on this.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

CUS_Load_Customer_Mst..TRN_Apply_Business_Logic.LNK_Write_Customer: DSD.BCIPut call to SQLExecute failed.
SQL statement:INSERT INTO DB2INST1.ETW_RMS_REG_CUSTOMER_MST(CUSTOMERNUMBER, ORG_UNIT, TIMESTAMP, ENTITY_TYPE, CUSTOMER_TYPE, CUST_SUBTYPE_CODE, TITLE, SURNAME, FIRST_NAME, OTHER_NAME, RACE, GENDER, RESIDENTIAL_STATUS, NATIONALITY, MARITAL_STATUS, DATEOFBIRTH, LANGUAGE, DESIGNATION, SPL_CIRCUMSTANCE, IMPORTANT_INFO, DISABILITY, SPECIFIC_DISABILITY, YEARSOFEXPERIENCE, EXP_EFFECTIVE_DATE, SOURCEOFINCOME, MONTHLY_INCOME, INCOME_DETAILS, BUSINESS_NAME, TRADING_NAME, NATUREOFBUSINESS, INDUSTRY, CONTACT_METHOD, CUSTOMER_STATUS, CREATED_BY, CREATED_DATE, MODIFIED_BY, MODIFIED_DATE, LOGIN_ROLE) VALUES (?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?) 
SQLSTATE=08S01, DBMS.CODE=0
[DataStage][SQL Client][ODBC][DataDirect][ODBC DB2 Wire Protocol driver]Unexpected Network Error.  ErrNum = 10060
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The error is in the network. There is not enough information about it generated to produce any meaningful diagnosis. Have your network administrator, possibly with the DBA involved, investigate where and why the network error is occurring.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
rafik2k
Participant

Post by rafik2k »

ray.wurlod wrote:The error is in the network. There is not enough information about it generated to produce any meaningful diagnosis. Have your network administrator, possibly with the DBA involved, investigate wher ...
As per DBA this is not network issue.
When I ping the remore system, it's responding fine.

One more thing I loaded same set of records using db2 load utility. No issue.
When I tried to load using datastage, it gives different strange error in the same job.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

rafik2k wrote:As per DBA this is not network issue.
Wrong person. Talk to your Network guru. And there's more to it than just 'ping' - have them check their logs or monitor things for you.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers