Meta Data mismatch

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

JPalatianos
Premium Member
Premium Member

Meta Data mismatch

Post by JPalatianos »

Good Afternoon folks,
I have a few jobs that are summing up an amount field from a source table where the field is defined as decimal(15,2) and inserting into a summary table where the field is also defined as decimal(15,2). whenever I executye these jobs I get teh warning MetaData mismatch
COLUMN.PRECISION Expected = 15 Actual = 31

2 questions where is the 31 coming from and can I resolve this without changing the column definition in the target table?
Thanks - - JOhn
mctny
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: Meta Data mismatch

Post by mctny »

JPalatianos wrote:Good Afternoon folks,
I have a few jobs that are summing up an amount field from a source table where the field is defined as decimal(15,2) ..
Thanks - - JOhn
What does it show in your job for that column as SQL type when you import the column definition? what database are you using in the source and target?
Thanks,
Chad
Premium Member

Post by JPalatianos »

It comes up as a Decimal SQL type and both source and target are UDB
JPalatianos
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by JPalatianos »

I also wanted to add that I am summing the field via user defined sql...in the source ODBC stage. That is where the error is being generated
JPalatianos
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by JPalatianos »

OK...I updated the source ODBC definition to decimal(31,2) and left the target @ decimal(15,2) and it ran without warnings. I didn't think it would work with the target being smaller than the source field.
mctny
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by mctny »

As long as there is no data longer than 15 ( which is not possible anyway because your source table has 15,2) it should not give any warnings. but I am not sure as to why it gave warning in your original job
Thanks,
Chad

Post by rafik2k »

You source fieled is decimal(15,2).
You are performing sum operation(altering value) on this filed, DataStage is expecting the resultant value will be greater than big amount value of the source filed. I believe that is why datastage throws warning.
Fawlty
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Fawlty »

[quote="rafik2k"]You source fieled is decimal(15,2).
You are performing sum operation(altering value) on this filed, DataStage is expecting the resultant value will be greater than big amount value of the source filed. I believe that is why datastage throws warning.[/quote]

Check your source data type and scale value, and also check the data after performing sum operation.