Options available in DS Server and DS Admin

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sumesh.abraham
Participant

Options available in DS Server and DS Admin

Post by sumesh.abraham »

Hi All,

In one of the interviews, my friend was asked to explain the options available with DS Server and DS Admin. He was not able to crack them. Can u guys shed some light on these questions.

Thanks,
Sumesh
WoMaWil
Participant

Post by WoMaWil »

tell you friend to never go to an DataStage Stage interview before a one week-DS-training and a three-week-DS-experience.

DS is a like a Ferrari. It is a good car but without training you kill it.
Wolfgang Hürter
Amsterdam
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

One option with DS Admin is SAD mind (anagram preserving case, would you believe?).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
sumesh.abraham
Participant

Post by sumesh.abraham »

Sorry Guys. Posting a question like 'What are the options available in DS Server and DS Admin?' may sound weird. Actually my friend works on DS. He is not able to understand what does the question mean? For eg: dsadmin command in DS Admin.

Can anyone tell me what is meant by 'Options' here?
sumesh.abraham
Participant

Post by sumesh.abraham »

Sorry Guys. Posting a question like 'What are the options available in DS Server and DS Admin?' may sound weird. Actually my friend works on DS. He is not able to understand what does the question mean? For eg: we have dsadmin command in DS Admin. Can it be considered as an option in DS Admin.

Can anyone tell me what is meant by 'Options' here?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Like you, no idea. My response would have been to answer with the question "what do you mean by options in this question?".

(But I did think my anagram was clever. On a number of levels.)
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.