Exception raised in GCI subroutine: Access violation

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vaby
Charter Member
Charter Member

Exception raised in GCI subroutine: Access violation

Post by vaby »

After upgrading DS to Release 7.1r1 on Windows 2000 server all jobs in a project that used to run successfully every day fail to run now. Error message is unclear and contains the following message:

DataStage Job 84 Phantom 2344
Program "DSP.Open": Line 122, Exception raised in GCI subroutine:
Access violation.

Any ideas?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

First guess is that the upgrade has overwritten your uvodbc.config file.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The line beginning DIAG tells you that the ODBC driver could not connect to SQL Server because SQL Server reported that it was too busy doing other things. :roll:

This could be other users, or it may be an abandoned connection from one of your DataStage jobs that has not (yet) been closed properly. In the ODBC API, this means that an apporpriate call to SQLFreeStmt has not yet been made.

Get your SQL Server DBA to check from that end, and perhaps recompile your job at the DataStage end.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Erk!

As a quick fix, since it only requires three columns, what happens if you actually create and populate a MetaStage_Loc_Info table?

Are you running SP2? If so, have you installed the SP2 patch from Ascential?
crouse
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by crouse »

Our DBA just informed me of this same error with SQL being submitted on behalf of our DataStage jobs. The SQL errors out against Oracle, but doesn't cause any adverse errors or processing problems for the jobs.

Have you had any luck in figuring out how to de-activate this "feature"? I've opened up a ticket with IBM.

We see it occurring on DS Server 7.5x1 and 7.5.2 on Linux 3 with Oracle 10g client and server.

-Craig
Craig Rouse
Griffin Resouces, Inc
www.griffinresources.com
vaby
Charter Member
Charter Member

MetaStage_Loc_Info

Post by vaby »

Hi Craig,

We have not had any luck in figuring out how to stop this ugly behavior. If you have a chance to get a solution from IBM technical support, please post a solution here.

Thanks,

Vladimir