Viewing Output Files in Server

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

VCInDSX
Premium Member
Premium Member

Viewing Output Files in Server

Post by VCInDSX »

Hi Group,
I am a newbie here and would appreciate your help or direct me to the correct group, if this is an incorrect forum.

I have Datastage Client 7.5.2 and created a sample XML project that reads data from an ODBC source, and outputs via simple transform to an XML Output stage. The XML Output is configured to write the output to a file in the server.
The project compiles and runs without any glitches. Now how do I view the output from my client box? Is there any internal viewer from within Datastage client tools?

Thanks in advance for your help,
-Vicki
-V
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Welcome! :D

Pretty much every stage out there has a 'View Data' button for that - except the XML stages. For that, you'll need direct access to your Server or work with someone who does to send the file(s) to you.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

If it is enabled, you may be able to open the page on your server using a regular browser.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
VCInDSX
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by VCInDSX »

Hi chulett & ray.wurlod,
Apologies for the delay.....
Thanks a lot for your time and feedback. Your suggestions were helpful.

Cheers!!!
-V