SalesForce.com web service

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Juls
Participant

SalesForce.com web service

Post by Juls »

Has anyone had any success using DS web service pack with calling SalesForce.com web services?

Thanks.
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Well, the question arose at my present client for it, but we choose a different path. We are using Blue Wolf (a replicating tool) that replicates the data to oracle tables and we source these tables.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
Juls
Participant

Post by Juls »

Yeah.. another option for us would to use a data loader but I have been tasked with making the call using web service stage.
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

I am sure its do-able. Just like any other webservice call. I did not follow up much with it. But my system architect was really into it and gave IBM a call. They tried to explain to him how it can be done. So its not that its impossible. I can't ask my architect as he is not with this client any more. So give IBM a call, I am sure they will be able to set this up for you.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Did a followup with my architect. He explained, as IBM put it, that we would require a java pack along with the webservice pack. Just wanted to let you know.
Juls
Participant

Post by Juls »

Thank you. Appreciate the follow up. I contacted IBM and waiting on their response.
We do not have Java Pack now, unfortunately.