function 'ftp_put' failed

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

clliu
Participant

function 'ftp_put' failed

Post by clliu »

Hello,

My server job failed with the following error and I don't know what caused it. CD071_Transform is a transform stage. I did not create the job to use the ftp_put function in the transform stage.

Extract_Monetary_Transaction_Journal_Monthly..CD071_Transform: function 'ftp_put' failed.

Please help.

Thanks
byk
Participant

Post by byk »

clliu,

Please clarify what are the stages used in the job and what is it suppoesd to do

Regards
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Are you using ftp stage in your job design? Try searching on 'ftp_put'.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
clliu
Participant

Re: function 'ftp_put' failed

Post by clliu »

Hi,

I used a FTP stage after the transform stage. The job failed with this error.

Extract_Monetary_Transaction_Journal_Monthly_New..CD071_Transform: function 'ft_putline' failed.

I searched on ft_putline and ftp_put and can't find anything.

Christine

My server job failed with the following error and I don't know what caused it. CD071_Transform is a transform stage. I did not create the job to use the ftp_put function in the transform stage.

Extract_Monetary_Transaction_Journal_Monthly..CD071_Transform: function 'ftp_put' failed.

Please help.

Thanks[/quote]
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Try thispost.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
clliu
Participant

Re: function 'ftp_put' failed

Post by clliu »

clliu wrote:Hello,

Please help.

Thanks
Brian, Thanks,

Following your link and I read the post and understand the problem. I should have deleted the job and rebuilt it from scatch.

Thanks again for your quick response.

Christine
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Thanks to Craig who came back and shared the resolution with us in the embedded post.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Wow... and from the Oliver list in 2002 no less. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers